The MSL60118 Advanced Diploma of Laboratory Operations qualification covers the skills and knowledge required to supervise laboratory operations within a work area or project team.
Employment outcomes targeted by this qualification include laboratory supervisors, senior technical officers and similar personnel.
This qualification consists of thirteen (13) units of competency, of which there are seven (7) core units and six (6) electives.
- MSL916006 Develop and maintain laboratory documentation
- MSL916007 Manage and develop teams
- MSL916008 Supervise laboratory operations in work or functional area
- MSL916009 Maintain registration and statutory or legal compliance in work or functional area
- MSL936003 Maintain quality system and continuous improvement processes within work or functional area
- MSL946002 Implement and monitor WHS and environmental management systems
- MSMENV472 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
Selected by the student / school / employer upon consultation with ABC Training and Consulting staff.
Approximately 18 - 24 months.
Competency based training has a flexible duration. Learners are provided theory content consisting of reading content, videos and formative assessment activities. Trainers then visit on-site to provide further practical training, issue the summative assessment, conduct practical observations and discuss your progress with your supervisor.